The mission of Academy High, an independent college-preparatory secondary school, is to inspire students to discover and pursue their passions; to become exceptionally well-educated, academically and personally; and to lead lives of excellence, purpose, and joy.
We believe that by nurturing students to develop adventurous minds, bold spirits, and compassionate hearts, our students can change the world.
- Encourage creative and critical thinking.
- Challenge students to engage deeply and meaningfully in learning.
- Cultivate the joy of learning, discovering, and problem-solving.
- Strengthen individual talents, be they academic, athletic, or artistic.
- Teach students to connect, develop, and express complex ideas.
- Encourage students to embrace new challenges with curiosity and excitement.
- Help students develop the confidence to venture beyond comfort zones.
- Promote resilience and determination in the face of challenge.
- Provide opportunities to take risks, self-advocate, and collaborate.
- Create experiences that help students discover and follow their passions.
- Entrust students with freedom and responsibility.
- Foster honesty, integrity, and compassion, the bedrock elements of character.
- Promote a commitment to diversity and an appreciation for different perspectives, cultures, and circumstances.
- Encourage students to be responsible and meaningful citizens in their local, national, and global communities.
- Nurture self-knowledge and empathy for others, near and far.